10 Skills You Can Learn In Less Than A Minute Each
Handy skills that you can use anywhere are essential in life. You can use these skills out in the world or even at home to help you in any minor errand. Such skills can be crucial and might come in extremely handy when suddenly faced with an emergency. Knowledge is power, and one can never have too much of it. Some of these skills might take a while to master but most of them can be mastered in very little time. So just read this list and learn ten new skills which you can learn in just sixty seconds.
There is no telling when and where a knot might come in handy. The bowline knot is the simple and reasonably secure answer to most of your knotting needs. You must have seen skillful workers make these kinds of knots with their ropes. Well the trick to tying a bowline knot is:
1. Lay the rope across your left hand with the free end hanging down. Form a small loop in the line in your hand.
2. Bring the free end up to and pass through the eye from the under side (the rabbit comes out of the hole).
3. Wrap the line around the standing line and back down through the loop (around the tree and back down the hole).
4. Tighten the knot by pulling on free end while holding standing line.
There.You have it. Go to the next page and learn even simpler and more useful skills.
#9 Whistle Loudly
Admit it, we have all wanted to learn how to whistle loudly. Whether it was to grab someone's attention, to irritate someone or just to impress all of your friends. It is a simple process to learn how to whistle loudly. The steps are:
1. Lick your lips.You will need wet lips to give your lips the appropriate amount of range.
2. Make an 'O' shaped ring by putting together your thumb and index finger.
3. Roll your tongue upward so that it touches your upper teeth or the roof of your mouth.
4. Press the 'O' shaped ring formed by your fingers to the underside of your tongue.
5. Close your lips around your fingers. Make sure that your lips are still wet, the small hole between your fingers and your bottom lip is where the noise is produced from.
6. Blow and repeat. Merely blow air out of your mouth. Do not be discouraged if you do not get this right on your first try, that's just the way it is. Practice is the last and most important step of the process.
Go to the next page and learn how to be more photogenic in less than a minute.
#8 Be more photogenic
Your smile says a lot about you. It also makes you look friendlier and more approachable. It is the first thing anyone trying to start a conversation with you will take into consideration. Many people are good looking but don't really know how to adorn those good looks with a good smile. To cultivate a good smile you need to look into a mirror and practice smiling. The 3/4th length of your widest smile is the appropriate length a smile should be. So, look at a mirror and try experimenting with the great 3/4 smile of yours. It will result in much better pictures and your features will be highlighted.
#7 Select The Freshest Produce
This one is easy and pretty well known. Confused about which fruit or vegetable to buy from the grocery store? Follow this procedure and you will pick only the best and freshest ones. Lightly squeeze the vegetable or fruit to see whether it is still firm. The firmer the fruit the fresher it is. Smelling it can also be a great indicator of freshness. Go to the next page to learn how to pick a lock.
#6 Pick A Simple Lock
This one is for all the times you got locked out of your house. And not for anything else. You're going to need a pick and a tension wrench to do this. Got them? Lets begin:
1. Insert the tension wrench into the bottom of the key hole and apply slight pressure in the direction you would turn it if you had the key.The tension wrench is the important part of lock picking and not the pick.
2. Insert pick at the top of the lock. Slide the rake all the way to the back.
3. While applying slight torque to your wrench, scrub your pick back and forth in the key hole. Don't forget to keep the pressure on that tension wrench.
4. Repeat until all the pins are set.
It gets more difficult as the locks get more complicated but you too will get better with practice.
#5 Learn CPR
CPR has been known to save a countless number of lives throughout the world. It is an incredibly simple process and is useful in any emergency situation. It is the duty of every human being to know and understand basic CPR so that they can help out anyone who needs it.The proper and correct way to perform CR is:
1. Push down the center of the chest. That is where the heart is located. You have to be fast, at a rate of 100 pushes per minute.
2. After every 30 pushes, give two breaths by tilting the head back and holding the nose. You should see the chest rise and fall during each breath.
3. Call 911 emergency so that professional help can be on their way.
4. Ask a paramedic to teach you in their free time
Go to the next page to learn a simple way to boost your confidence.
#4 Boost your confidence
This method is similar to confidence hypnosis. The only difference being that it is a lot more practical and shows long term effects. The best way to boost your confidence is to stand the front of a mirror and to talk to yourself while observing everything. Improving your posture and making assertive hand gestures make a lot of difference in your confidence level. For this to work well this needs to be done several times in a week.
#3 Cook Over A Fire.
Many people think of this as a skill that they will never need and thus never bother to learn it. But knowing how to cook on a fire can be a great experience when out camping and a life saving tool in an unexpected emergency. This skill also takes a little time of yours but comes in handy in many situations. Even if you don’t have the required saucepans or anything, you can get great results by merely knowing how to utilize what you do have.
The reason meditation is not as widely practiced as it should be is because there are many misconceptions around it. You do not need to make a funny yoga pose to meditate. Just select a quiet corner and think about your previous day or two with your eyes closed. Meditation gives you peace of mind and lets you get to know yourself better. 10 minutes of proper meditation is like a mini vacation that will leave you refreshed and energized. The best part about it? Its absolutely free!
#1 Run Faster
Staying in shape is now something everyone wants to and needs to do. Running is one of the best ways to do this. But it feels like bringing down your time and increasing your speed. Try to run uphill and then downhill. It will decrease your mile time beyond recognition. Share this story with your friends to help them out.
What’s Popular Now :
>> Here's The Secret iPhone Codes That Apple Have Been Hiding From You.
>> I Never Knew How Planes Were Made Until I Watched This Video. All I Can Say Is WOW
>> Guy Scrubs His Car Windscreen With Steel Wool. The Result Is Not What You Expect
>> Watch As These Chinese Workers Construct A 12 Lane Bridge In Just 43 Hours
>> Man Puts Metal Rod Through Flower Pot - The Reason is Pure Genius!
>> This is What Happens When You Leave Your Facebook Logged in
>> Tesla Finally Shows How It's Autopilot Sees The World
>> Last WARNING: Turn Off Auto Updates Or Windows 10 Will Install Automatically Starting This Week
>> Watch How to turn your smartphone into a hologram projector
>> 21 Amazing Things You Never Knew Your iPhone Could Do.