These 9 Moves Help Prevent Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
Have you experienced a numb, tingling sensation either through your fingers or in the area between your neck and shoulders? If you have been observing a persistent pain, you should probably learn about carpal tunnel syndrome.
Here we give you some of the best exercises that will make the pain in your hands,wrists,shoulders and arms disappear. These exercises have been recommended by experts in the field of Physiotherapy. These exercises all help stretch the median nerve. Starting off this list is the goofy chicken dance exercise.
1. Extend your arms beside your body and bend at the elbows.
2. Wriggle your wrists into your armpits, and have the palms facing away from the body. Have the fingers point downwards.
3. Straighten your back and lift your chest.
4. You should feel the stretch in the back of your hands.
5. Hold for 20 seconds, and repeat. This can be done either standing or seated.
Go to the next page for even better exercises that will help you deal with pain in even simpler ways!
Exercise #8: The Full Arm Stretch
Carpal Tunnel syndrome is generally a sign that there is something wrong with your median nerve.The median nerve is the nerve which connects the brain with the thumb, the index finger, middle finger, and half of the ring finger.
1. Stretch out one arm in front of you. Keep your elbow straight, extend your wrist, and have the fingers face the floor.
2. Spread your fingers slightly. Use the other hand to apply gentle pressure to the downward facing hand.
3. Stretch your wrist and fingers as far as possible.
4. Hold this position for about 20 seconds.
5. Switch hands and repeat for a couple of times.
On the next page we will be seeing an exercise just for your fingers!
Exercise #7: Spiders Doing Pushups On A Mirror
If you're wondering exactly where this meridian nerve is then- On your body, the nerve starts traveling from the space between the top of your neck and the collar bone. It moves down your arm, through the front of the elbow, and into the hand.
1. First, put your hands in a "prayer"position.
2. Spread your fingers as far apart as you can, and push your palms away from each other, starting with the thumbs and pinkies.
3. Keep your fingers together. Repeat for a couple of minutes.
We go back together to learn about Wrist exercises on the next page and then on to the back! Keep reading!
Exercise #6: The Downward Stretch
What is this "Carpal" exactly? The "carpal" is the grouping of the eight bones in your wrist, and is located at the base of your palm. The median nerve travels through the carpal, underneath a little sheath.
1. Simply bend one wrist downwards, with your fingers pointing to the ground.
2. Use your other hand to apply pressure to the hand, as if you're "pushing" on it.
3. Repeat each tug for 20 seconds, and switch to the other hand.
Why does this carpal nerve get pinched and what damages can it cause? Just go to the next page and read for yourself.
Exercise #5: The Rib Stretch
When this nerve becomes pinched - usually from highly repetitive tasks, like working with vibrating tools, or typing frequently away at the computer - you may start to feel pain in the flesh area beneath the thumb and through the fingers. But you could also feel pressure in your neck, above the shoulders, and through your arm.
1. Lay a towel on you first rib - the area closer to your neck than to your shoulders.
2. Grasp the front of the towel with one arm, and the back with the other.
3. Pull down on the towel, and lean your head to the other side.
4. Hold for 30 seconds, and repeat with the other side.
Try this exercise and feel the back pain disappear. I can already feel it working! Go to the next page and get rid of stress and pain from other parts of your body.
Exercise #4: Single Wrist Pulls
Longtime CTS can lead to permanent nerve damage, and atrophy of the muscles, so it's important to make this condition a priority.
1. Reach one arm in front of you, keeping the hand parallel to the ground.
2. Flex the wrist back, with the palm facing forward. Spread your fingers wide, and gently pull on the thumb.
3. Repeat with all your fingers, and hold each for a few seconds. This can be done either standing or seated.
Feel that wrist pain leave you? The secret is to give each individual muscle a chance to stretch. For even better pain hacks go to the next page.
Exercise #3: The Fist Bend
1. Extend both of your arms, and straighten both wrists. Relax the fingers.
2. Make a tight fist with both hands.
3. Bend both wrists downwards, and hold for five seconds.
4. Afterward, straighten both wrists and relax the fingers. Hold for five seconds, and repeat the exercise.
Wrist strengthening is necessary when dealing with Carpal tunnel syndrome. This exercise helps you with just that.
Exercise #2: The Puppet Hand
1. Stretch out one of your arms in front of you, and make a fist. Hold for five seconds.
2. Next, flatten our your palm, and hold for five seconds.
3. Then, make a "C" shape with your hand, and hold for another five seconds.
4. Turn your palm upward and hold for five seconds.
Making the pain disappear is that simple. Read the next page for the best one yet. And a few more helpful tips.
Exercise #1: Pushing Away From The Wall
This one is the simplest and most useful exercise of them all. All you need to do is:
1. Stretch out one arm, keeping the elbow straight and the palm facing upwards.
2. Move your head away from your hand, and lean your ear to the opposite shoulder.
3. Hold for 30 seconds, and repeat three times.
4. You can also try leaning your palm flat against a wall.
Even readers who do not suffer from Carpal tunnel syndrome can greatly benefit from this list. Doing these exercises ensures that those muscles remain active and thus greatly reduce the risk of you having to suffer from Carpal tunnel syndrome. The alternative would be an expensive surgery procedure. So do these exercises and remember, prevention is always better than cure.
What’s Popular Now :
>> 10 Normal Things You Must Not Dare To Do In Dubai
>> 10 Images Of The Ocean That Are Terrifying And You Are Gonna Love it
>> Castle Was Abandoned After A Fire 80 Years Ago, The Inside Is Hauntingly Beautiful
>> 10 Facts About Earth Which Is Lesser Known
>> You'll Never Believe How The Bottom Of The Stapler Is Actually Meant To Be Used
>> The Chilling Last Words Of These Celebrities Will Crush Your Heart.
>> 10 Normal Things With Hidden Features About Which Most Of The People Don't Know
>> Mom Takes A Photo Breastfeeding. But Look Closely At The Baby Boy, This Is Going Viral! - Up-Lifting
>> 13 Vandalized Signs That Nearly Make Us Feel Guilty For Laughing.
>> Reasons Why Your Legs Cramp Up At Night And How To Fix It