BloggersArena

7 Amazing Secrets Of Everyday Things You Probably Didn't Know Existed!



Most of the times, the things and people we believe we know closely tend to shock us beyond our wits. These strange truths about things that you regularly see/use in life, will blow your minds!

#7 THE KING OF HEARTS!

#7 THE KING OF HEARTS!

If you ever noticed the King of Hearts while playing cards, you'd see something serious off about him!

The King of hearts lacks a mustache and seems like he is sticking a sword into his head. Of the several theories that justify this, one suggests that the King initially had an axe in his hand which today looks like a suicide sword due to bad reprinting!

Some also suggest that the King is actually the French King Charles VII who went cuckoo and put a sword through his head from the fear of being poisoned.

#6 MYSTERY IN POUNDS!

#6 MYSTERY IN POUNDS!

The British Monarchs were truly one smart clout!

If you assembled the British coins of one, two, five, ten, twenty, and fifty pence you would notice that when placed together they depict The Royal Coat of Arms. The pound coin, however, depicts this on the reverse.

Smart, isn't it?

#5 STATUE OF LIBERTY!

#5 STATUE OF LIBERTY!

You've obviously seen the Statue of Liberty - in pictures or reality but we bet you didn't know this!

The statue was a rather smart gift by the French. The seven spikes on the crown of this statue represent the seven oceans and the seven continents of the world, indicating the universal concept of liberty. And one more interesting fact: each spike weighs exactly 150 pounds.

Read on to know more such interesting facts about things you thought were 'regular'!

#4 THE TRAM!

#4 THE TRAM!

If you happen to have a chance to check out some trams, you'd see that its contact wires zigzag back and forth instead of going in a straight line.

This is because all trams have pantographs attached to their roofs. The upper part of the pantograph is gradually worn down by the overhead wire and eventually needs to be replaced. To wear it down evenly, the wire is not installed strictly along the tram’s path but in zigzag patterns. As the tram moves, the pantograph slides along the wire and it wears down evenly.

#3 OPEN JAR SYMBOL!

#3 OPEN JAR SYMBOL!

The next time you buy cosmetics, remember to check the label.

You'd see a little open jar icon that is the PAO (Period After Opening) symbol which informs consumers of the determined period of time a product may be used after opening without any harm to the consumer. This symbol, featuring a number followed by the letter "M" (months), can be seen on almost all cosmetic products. The number inside the jar graphic tells you how long the product will stay good after the package is unsealed.

#2 BLANK PAGES!

#2 BLANK PAGES!

If you thought the blank pages in your favorite novel were for you to scribble thoughts, this may disappoint you!

Because the other written pages are printed on large sheets of paper and not small individual ones, usually there is blank space left behind. So as to not emphasize their mistakes, you'd see 'Notes' or something similar printed on them!

#1 TOOTHPASTE!

#1 TOOTHPASTE!

Classic toothpaste's are usually tri-colored -white, blue and red. Ever wondered why?

Fluoride (white component) is the most valuable ingredient in toothpaste, containing substances that whiten the teeth and remove plaque. Blue (or green) aqua gel has antimicrobial and breath-freshening effects. Red gel, which came in much later, contains some crucial elements for healthy gums.

Now, if you think this is for some health benefit, you may just be wrong. It is in fact for mere good marketing!



Comments :


What’s Popular Now :


>> A Gay Couple Got An Insane Response When They Invited Someone To Their Wedding
>> When This Girl Pours A Bottle Of Water Over The Hoover Dam, Something Strange Happened
>> Twisted Russian Nanny Who Beheaded 4-Year-Old Tells Police 'Why She Did It'
>> US Needs To Take An Action Immediately...
>> Ever Stayed At A Famous Haunted Hotel? Well You Can Now!
>> 6-Year-Old Excitedly Showed Her Lunch Box To The Teacher Making Her Dial 911
>> 13 Bizarre Photos That Will Make You Say WTF
>> This Is Never Expected From A Military Ship. This Could've Killed Someone!
>> The Village In Kazakhstan That Can't Stay Wake
>> 8 Disgusting Things About The Imprisonment Of Charles Manson


4264