Say Hello To The World's Most Complicated Watch That Costs 5 Million Dollars
When Vacheron Constantin announced that they had been working on creating the most complicated watch in the world, we all knew it was going to be a watch with two dials - for such a sheer number (expected to be well over 30) of complications, one dial would simply not suffice to house all the different indications, scales, and hands - and the movement needs to be more balanced out as well, of course.
The case has been created from white gold and measures in at 3.8 inches diameter while being 50.55mm thick and sporting a sculpted crown and pushbuttons on the sides. Full dials are featured on front and back that are further divided into a complex area of sub-dials, retrogrades, windows and indicators. It contains a 242 jewel Caliber 3750 movement that is 1.4 inches thick and operates at a frequency of 2.5Hz with a 60-hour power reserve. Vacheron Constantin moto is, 'Do better if possible and that is always possible.'
Don't forget to watch video on #1.
#2. Features and Complications
Chronometric features and complications:
- Hours, minutes, seconds
- World Time Indication with separate 12 hours and minutes, day, and day-night display
- Balance wheel with variable inertia and spherical hairspring
- ISO 8601 Financial "Business" Calendar with number of the day and week indication
- Indications for the day of the week, date, weeks, months, leap years
-Sunset and Sunrise indications
- Silence, Chiming, and Night time modes for the sonnerie, the latter making the sonnerie silent between 10PM and 8AM
- Alarm with power-reserve and strike-silence indications and with two different tones that can be chosen when setting the alarm: Westminster chime or single-strike alarm
#1. Watch Video
Reference 57260, bearing the Hallmark of Geneva, is a double-dial horological masterwork of hitherto unimaginable complication and technical innovation. It has been conceived over a period of eight years by a team of three of the company's master watchmakers.
Watch this awesome video:
What’s Popular Now :
>> This British Inventor Created Magnet Shoes...Where He Walks With Them Will Amaze You
>> Guys Caught On Video Rob An ATM In Less Than A Minute. How? No Expert Can Tell
>> North Korea Is Testing Anthrax Tipped Long-Distance Bioweapons
>> This Custom CNC-D Shotgun Slug Will Pierce Anything You Can Imagine
>> How This Uber Driver Made $90,000 In 6 Months While Barely Driving At All
>> Watching This New Out-Of-This-World Dodge Challenger Limousine Is Mesmerizing
>> They're Calling It The World's Most Deadliest Bullet, See HOW IT WORKS
>> This Crash Test Shows How Much Cars Have Improved Between 1959 And 2009
>> Check What A 20 Year Old Student Made To Clean The Entire Oceans In 5 Years
>> The new SEAT Car Does not Start if the Driver is Drunk!