Model Starts Feeling Ill at a Party. Days Later, She's Was In the Hospital With 'No' Written on One Leg
The model Lauren Wasser thought she is suffering from flu. She didn't connect her symptoms so she bought tampons that day.
As per the given reports, in 2012, the then-24-year-old model ran out of tampons and went to the store to buy more. She started to feel nauseous and achy so she texted her friends about a birthday party that evening. And though she tried to attend the party, she looked so sick that her friends sent her home.
When it was too late
As exhausted she was and very ill she climbed into the bed, only to be awakened by the police at the door and the continous barking of her dog.
The police officer took in the mess in the apartment and Wasser's obvious illness, then told she them that she really needed to call her mom because her mom would be really worried about her.
She Was Afraid.
So she plugged in her phone and called her mother, promising to call again in the morning. Reassured by the fact that the police had just checked in on her daughter, her mother didn't bother. But when she never called the next day, her mother called all her friends and police to get to her ailing daughter.
When they got in, she was rushed to the hospital, where doctors and nurses puzzled over what could bring a healthy young woman so close to death.
It Was Fortunate.
she was fortunate there was someone who knew to check for a tampon.
As soon as the tampon was removed, Wasser began to become more receptive to treatment. She was put on a life support as doctors induced a coma. But though she was now stable, Wasser's mother was being prepared for the worst.
The Toxic Syndrome.
It was a Toxic shock syndrome and it is a life-threatening complication that comes from toxins produced by staph or strep bacteria.
Even after Wasser woke from her coma, she was a long way from recovered. Her feet were swollen and burned terribly. She learned she would lose one of her legs when she overheard a nurse in her hospital room speaking on the phone, that she lost her one leg.
Now, Wasser has changed her entire outlook on who she is and what is important. She's filed a lawsuit against the tampon manufacturer and the store that sold her the tampons, and she is working to raise awareness about toxic shock syndrome.
What’s Popular Now :
>> Photos Of Amazon Tribe Unreached So Far Showing How Vulnerable They've Become
>> Uk Officials Won't Allow Man To Search For His $127 Million Worth Of Lost Bitcoins
>> Whenever You Notice Black Dots On A Women’s palm, Call the Police As Soon As Possible.
>> Shannen Doherty Shares Heartbreaking News About Her Fight With Cancer
>> Caitlyn Jenner Makes The Announcement We All Had Been Expecting
>> Instagram Models Are Going To Prison For Posting Selfies....Here's Why
>> Mom sells stillborn son’s crib at garage sale – 1 week later, buyer returns and asks her to look in his car
>> Concerned Police Break Into Apartment With No Snow On Roof...Discover this!
>> The Famed Wall of Death Around Black Holes Could Finally Break Down!
>> Devastated Dad Screams In Court After His Ex And Her Boyfriend Are Punished Are Assaulted For Beating His Toddler To Death