BloggersArena

Ever Wondered Why You Are Asked To Keep Your Window Shades Open When Landing And Take Off?



It's not just for show.

#13 Airplanes- The Modern Day Magic Carpet

#13 Airplanes- The Modern Day Magic Carpet

Travelling by plane may be the fastest method of reaching your destination, but it can also get quite risky. Since you're technically in a metal box thousands of feet from the ground, professionals like pilots and flight attendants have to make sure that everything is up to standard to keep everyone safe. Heck, they even do presentations before take-off should something bad happen while you're up in the air. Which brings us to this question...Haven't you ever wondered why you have to open your window blinds whenever the plan is about to takeoff and land?

Well, we got answers right here!

#12 Up to you

#12 Up to you

You have the option of opening or closing it...and you're also probably assuming that it only has one purpose. To keep light in or out depending on what your mood is.

#11 With Conditions applied

#11 With Conditions applied

However, you're required to keep it open during two key moments of your flight. You'd get asked to open if upon takeoff and landing. Now, there are people who think the reason is because the flight attendants want you to see the view as you ascend and descend.

Needlessly to say you are wrong!

#10 Why most of you don't know...

#10 Why most of you don't know...

Flight attendants don't really explain the reason. Mostly because no one's really asked them the reason why. And well, people are too shy to inquire, considering that the attendants have to focus on other people as well.

#9 Why it matters

#9 Why it matters

But did you know that it could actually save your life? That's right. A simple opening of a blind can make a huge difference in your future.

#8 Major Part

#8 Major Part

It allows the crew to check conditions outside. They can check if it's raining brimstone and fire outside the plane. But for real, it's because crews have to assess the situation in case there's an emergency so that they can safely direct passengers to an appropriate exit when they disembark.

#7 Signals

#7 Signals

It also gives signals to emergency crews on the ground. Emergency crews can see if there's a commotion inside the plane. By getting a heads up, they can prepare for when the plane reaches the ground and effectively assist.

#6 Vigilance

#6 Vigilance

Even the passengers themselves can check for trouble and no- saying "There's a duck outside my window" is not a sign of trouble. For other stuff such as a smoking airplane part, or something being on fire. The flight crew can't have their eyes on the outside of the plane at all times, so it's the passengers job to inform them of any possible issues.

#5 Factors

#5 Factors

It can help assess the plane's location. Is the plane above water? Or is it flying dangerously close to a mountain range?

#4 Light

#4 Light

But sometimes, it's just used to let some light in and there's a serious reason for that. Most plane accidents occur during takeoff and landing. By having the blinds open during this time, especially during morning flights, makes the passengers' eyes used to sunlight, so that during the time of sudden evacuation, they won't get blurry vision from the sudden light contrast.

#3 For your sake

#3 For your sake

Or maybe just ease the anxiety of some passengers There's just something calming about seeing the views, no?

#2 Smarter You

#2 Smarter You

Now you know the reason! You're a smarter person because of this tidbit!

#1 Be helpful

#1 Be helpful

So you can take the initiative during your next flight and take the initiative to keep those blinds open during takeoff and landing. Happy trip!



Comments :


What’s Popular Now :


>> 5-Year-Old Begs Principal Not To PADDLE Him. That's When She Starts Making Threats...
>> VIDEO: At First It Looks Like An Ordinary Van. But What It Transforms Into With A Push Of A...
>> She Tugs At Her Ring Finger For 20 Seconds. The Results? This Is AMAZING!
>> John Travolta's mansion is all kinds of ridiculous.
>> 10 Yoga Posses That Burn Belly Fat, And They're All Super Easy.
>> 12 Unseen Photos Of The Indian Army From WORLD WAR I Has A Very Unique Stories!
>> Stephen Biesty's Cross Sections That Every Young Engineer Will Fall In Love With!
>> 13 Parenting Hacks That Can Make Your Life A Lot More Easier
>> 17 Things That Will Make You Facepalm.
>> The Position Of Your Legs While Sitting Reveals A Lot About You


3180